Fast Fitness - Better Legs and Pain Relief Comes From You Not The Exercise Ball
Here is Friday Fast Fitness - Be healthful when you do health activities. What a concept.
- How fit is it to use fitness equipment in unhealthy ways?
- When you pick up and put down an exercise ball, or any exercise equipment, how do you bend? Unhealthfully? During an activity you use to improve your health?
- Robert Davis sent in this change of bad bending to good bending . Good bending shifts weight and leverage off lumbar discs and onto leg, hip, and back muscles.
Robert Davis wrote. "I had to use my cell phone on timer so the pictures are not the greatest quality."
Here is the ouchy
Here is the squat
Robert Davis was a weight lifter with a painful back injury from conventional lifting. He fixed his back pain with Fitness Fixer, intelligently applying principles of healthful movement for everything during exercise and also daily life. He wrote:
"I took a picture of what was causing "ouchy" because it is so normal in America *for adults!*.. (upper photo of forward bending). Then ouchy started to go away the more I did, 'ah much better' (squatting)... Pretty soon ouchy was gone from the bad forward bending.
"I am now doing a complete head to toe revision... Point was that my back stopped hurting, and as you said, heals when I let it, with better movement.
"I am glad there is someone out there like you who tells you how it is. It gives encouragement and hope. I have seen people my age already with a few surgeries (and they are in the 20s to 30s!). They were from injuries, and sadly they never had a chance to find that they didn't need it.
"I was encouraged by others' stories and with your statement, "don't let them scare you" because I was a bit scared. I have never been injured before with that much pain. But, I was more then willing to try this because I did not want limitation as I had seen in my friends who had surgery. Some multiple times. "
Mr. Davis has been sending in success stories one after then next. Here are some of his Inspiring Functional Fitness:
- Cardiovascular Cleanup
- Fixed Injuries, Got Strong, With Functional Exercise
- Weak Hips on Purpose? Running Injury and Hip Strengthening
- Healthy Aging Starts Now
- Fast Fitness - Add Balance, Stability, and Portability to Military Press - Handstand Pushups
- Fast Fitness - Double Arm Strength, Endurance, Balance, Stability, and Free Inversion Table
Related Posts to Change Unhealthful Exercise
- Are You Making Your Exercise Unhealthy?
- The Cause of Disc and Back Pain
- How Often Should You Be Healthy?
- Common Exercises Teach Bad Bending
- Lung Training from the Exercise Ball
- Does an Exercise Ball Make You Sit Straight?
Read and contribute your own success stories of these methods. Before asking questions, see if your answers are already here - click labels under posts, links in posts, archives at right, and the Fitness Fixer Index. Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
For answers to personal medical questions - Replies to Medical Questions. Limited Class spaces for personal evaluation. Top students may apply to certify through DrBookspan.com/Academy. See Dr. Bookspan's Books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths