Fast Fitness - Better Than Ice Cream, Quick Homemade Healthy Treat
- Peel and freeze bananas.
- In a food processor or bowl, mix plain unsweetened, undutched cocoa with enough water to make a smooth paste. (Boxes of Hershey's powdered cocoa is available in most supermarkets.)
- Beat in one frozen banana until creamy smooth (or two bananas and more cocoa).
Don't use unfrozen or partially frozen bananas or it won't be sweet and creamy. Crush in walnuts or pecans for crunchy nut taste. If you can't eat tree nuts, try flax seeds. For extra taste, crush in a slice of fresh ginger root.
If you don't like chocolate, leave out the cocoa. It will still taste like ice cream. Experiment with healthy additions of mint, ginger, real vanilla bean, and spices.
Related Fitness Fixer:
- Fast Fitness - Healthier Sports Shake
- Fast Fitness - Healthier Fitness Water
- Fast Fitness - Cooling Exercise Drink
Not Related, Random:
I make posts from fun mail and success stories. Before asking questions, see if your answers are already here - click labels under posts, links in posts, archives at right, and the Fitness Fixer Index. Why not try fun stuff, then contribute! Read success stories of these methods and send your own.
Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
See Dr. Bookspan's Books, take a Class, get certified DrBookspan.com/Academy.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths