Dr. Bookspan Inducted to Hall of Honor - National Organization of Underwater Instructors, NAUI
It was my honor to be notified recently that I was inducted into the Hall of Honor of the largest non-profit scuba diver training organization in the world.
The award is for my work as a scuba instructor, teaching divers and diving leaders, as a diving and hyperbaric medical researcher finding safer diving practices, advising committees determining policies, running hyperbaric medical conferences, writing diving textbooks, and other contributions.
The National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) trains recreational and technical scuba divers from novice through instructor. Their motto is Safety Through Education.
This year, two people were inducted. I was honored along with my old friend and colleague Henry Veix, former physical education director at West Point Military Academy.
My colleague Peter Oliver accepted the NAUI Hall of Honor award in my name and expressed my thanks.
Related Fitness Fixer:
- A NAUI project I worked on - New First Aid Training
- Some of my underwater adventures - The Mermaid Stories
- My work that makes strong brave men cry - Extending The Envelope - Military and Civilian and Extremes, Survival, Injuries, Faster Higher Stronger - Fitness Fixer
- Good books on understanding diving medicine and physiology - DrBookspan.com/books
Fitness Fixer for Smarter SCUBA diving:
- Three Common Swimming and SCUBA Myths in the News Again
- Diver Down Flags - Boating, Swimming, SCUBA Safer and Smarter
- Respiratory Muscle Training for Swimming, Diving, and Running
- Lower Back Pain From Swimming and SCUBA
- Hyperbaric and Aquatic Medicine On Travel
Random Fitness Fixer:
Read success stories and send your own.
See if your answers are already here - click Fitness Fixer labels, links, archives, and Index.
For personal medical questions - Replies to Medical Questions.
Limited Class space for personal feedback. Top students may earn certification through DrBookspan.com/Academy. More fun in Dr. Bookspan's Books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths