Disability Awareness Doesn't End With Summer Paralympics Sept 6-17th 2008
The Summer Paralympics Games of 2008 in Beijing China close September 17th. These are Olympic games of athletes with a disability. Information and networking doesn't end with the Games. Here are some sources:
- An irreverent site from the BBC is Ouch. Why is the site called Ouch? The writers answer: "We spent literally months trying to come up with a name that wasn't too patronising (bbc.co.uk/smile_through_the_tears) or too suggestive of hideous '90s positivity (bbc.co.uk/Able2Jump2TheSky)…"
- Fun, inspiring photos from the official Beijing Paralympics photo site.
- Link describing Summer Paralympic Events.
The Paralympics and the many world and local sports events and classes for people with a disability remind that physical and mental training is important for fitness and personal development for everyone.
The graphic shows Paralympic logos from past Games. The next and 10th Winter Paralympics will be held in the year 2010 in Vancouver Canada. The 11th Winter Games will be in Sochi Russia, in 2014.
- Paralympics Torch to Light on August 28
- Thirteenth Paralympic Games Begin
- Not Old for the Olympics Part II
- Not Old for the Olympics Part I
- Summer Olympics 2008 Coming
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths