Recipe of the Week: Spinach and Meat Cakes
Here's one that mixes some spinach in, not that we're trying to hide it.
Spinach and Meat Cakes
* 1 pound 7% ground beef or ground turkey
* 1 pound bag/box frozen chopped spinach - thawed and drained
* ½ onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, pressed
* ½ teaspoon salt
* pepper to taste
* 3 cups cooked brown rice (use instant or frozen to save time)
(1. Preheat frying pan a couple of minutes before cooking the cakes (no oil))
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well
3. Form mixture into small balls
4. Place in frying pan and flatten like tortillas
5. Cook over medium heat until cooked on both sides
6. Serve over brown rice
These meat cakes are low fat and filled with folic acid and vitamin C. If you like things on the spicy side, add a little picante sauce.
Let me know if you make these and how they turn out.
Have a fruit and veggie filled day!
(photo courtesy of sfllaw)
Recent Blog Posts