Recipe of the Week: Lime-Cilantro Corn
I promised you at the beginning of the week I would work on posting the recipes I had the pleasure of tasting during the LAUSD Nutrition Network workshop I attended Monday called "Cooking in the Classroom". This first one I didn't think I would like because it contains cooked bell peppers which I usually avoid like the plague. But I was really surprised how good it was with the peppers. So if you are not a bell pepper fan, give this a try anyway and you might be surprised too.
4 ears of corn, shucked
2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 Tbs olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
1/8-1/4 cup cilantro
1. Cut corn kernels off of cob.
2. Saute onions and bell peppers in olive oil until soft.
3. Add corn and cook 5 more minutes.
4. Turn off heat, squeeze lime juice over corn, add cilantro and lightly toss.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I definitely think the recipe is best with fresh corn cut right off the cob. But if you are pressed for time substitute frozen sweet corn instead. It'll still be yummy.
Many thanx to LAUSD Nutrition Network for sharing this corny recipe :)
Have a fruit and veggie filled weekend!
Recent Blog Posts