Recipe of the Week: Kiwi Wraps
This yummy wrap makes a great breakfast on the go, a light lunch or even a dessert.
* 2 kiwifruit
* 3/4 cup low-fat or non-fat cottage cheese
* 2 whole wheat tortillas
* Peanut butter
* Your favorite fruits – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, pears, apples, etc
1. Cut kiwis in half and slice (peel it first if you prefer)
2. Mix with cottage cheese
3. Spread tortilla with peanut butter and place kiwi-cottage cheese mixture in the center.
4. Feel free to add other fruits like strawberries or peaches.
5. Roll up like a burrito and enjoy!
The wrap packs quite the nutrition punch. Obviously it counts toward your fruit allotment, but oh so much more. The cottage cheese provides a little calcium (not nearly as much as milk but still not a bad source) and protein. The peanut butter also lends protein and healthy fats. And if you really do make the wrap with whole wheat tortillas you're working toward your whole grain goal. Plus it's pretty tasty. Thanx to the California Nutrition Network for this delicious recipe.
Have a fruit and veggie filled day!
(photo courtesy of Leonid)