Recipe of the Week: Carrot and Orange Salad
Carrot and Orange Salad
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 oranges, sectioned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups watercress, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Combine carrots and oranges.
2. Drain watercress and pat dry; discard stems, chop and mix with carrots and oranges.
3. Combine vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, honey, mustard and salt in a small bowl, mix well.
4. Pour over carrot mixture and mix thoroughly.
Serves 6 with only 82 calories and 4 grams fat (mostly the unsaturated heart healthy kind) per serving.
If you've got the time let the salad marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours. If not, it is still good as is. If you don't want to take the time to make the dressing (although it is yummy) find a nice citrus vinaigrette in your grocery store.
Enjoy and have a fruit and veggie filled day!