More Kid and Teen Healthy Resolutions
* I will brush my teeth twice a day.
* I will wash my hands after going to the bathroom and before eating.
* I will clean up my messes right away.
Kids 5-12 years old
* I will try to find a sport (like basketball or soccer) or an activity (like playing tag, jumping rope, dancing or riding my bike) that I like and do it at least three times a week!
* I will always wear a helmet when bicycling.
* I will wear my seat belt every time I get in a car; I'll sit in the back seat and use a booster seat until I am tall enough to use a lap/shoulder seat belt.
* I'll be nice to other kids. It's easier and more fun than being mean, and I'll feel better about myself.
* Also, I'll be friendly to kids who need friends - like someone who is shy, or is new to my school.
* I will take care of my body through physical activity and nutrition.
* I will refrain from making comments about other people's body - you never know how that might effect them even if you think you're giving them a compliment (i.e. "wow you really lost weight" or "you're too skinny" or "hey, fatso")
* I will choose non-violent television shows and video games.
* Also, I will spend only one to two hours each day - at the most - on these activities.
* I will help out in my community - through volunteering, working with community groups or by joining a group that helps people in need.
* When I feel angry or stressed out, I will take a break and find constructive ways to deal with the stress, such as exercising, reading, writing in a journal or discussing my problem with a parent or friend.
* When faced with a difficult decision, I will talk with an adult about my choices.
* I will be careful about whom I choose to date, and always treat the other person with respect.
* I will resist peer pressure to try drugs and alcohol.
Here's to a healthful and happy new year!