Avocado, Corn and Mango Delight
As promised from yesterday here is my inaugural salad recipe entry. I make this one a lot for parties and it is always a huge hit. I am asked for the recipe all the time so I figured you’d like it too. This salad not only tastes great but it is super easy to make and full of nutrition!
- ½ of a 1 pound bag frozen corn (or a can of corn, drained is ok too)
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 large mango or 2 small, cubed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (optional-you can use more too), finely chopped
- Seasoned rice vinegar to taste
Combine all ingredients together in a medium to large mixing bowl and toss until the corn, avocado and mango are well mixed. I usually shake the rice vinegar bottle a few times until I get it to the right taste but you can start with about a tablespoon and then add until you think it has enough. I like a lot of rice vinegar but your kids may not, so experiment. The corn thaws pretty quickly but if you’re going to eat this right away you might want to thaw it for a minute in the microwave.
I love to eat this just as a salad but it works great as a topping for grilled fish, chicken or tofu. If you’re making this for a party double or triple the recipe because it goes fast!
Here are just a couple of the nutritional benefits you’ll get from this recipe:
- Avocadoes-high in heart healthy fats and provide some much needed potassium
- Corn-counts as a whole grain and is a nice source of fiber
- Mangoes-high in vitamin C and beta carotene
This one is my own creation but I’d love for you to share your recipes, so send them along and I’ll of course reference you as the creator of the delicious dishes!
Have a fruit and veggie filled day!