Get advice on healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss from expert dietitian Tara Gidus.See all posts »
Product Review: CocoaVia™
Introducing “Nature’s Most Surprising Superfruit”
No food on Earth can match the unique blend of flavanols that is found in cocoa, coining the term “nature’s most surprising superfruit.” That’s right: Cocoa is a FRUIT! Who knew? Cocoa flavanols are good-for-you phytonutrients that are naturally found in nature. They have a huge impact on healthy circulation by helping your blood vessels stay flexible and expand as needed, even as you age. A healthy circulatory system is needed for exercise performance as well as heart, brain, and eye health. Daily intake of cocoa flavanols can help oxygen and nutrients reach your organs and tissues, to help you stay on top of your health and performance, today and every day!
CocoaVia™ is a powdered supplement made from 100% pure cocoa and guarantees 250 mg of cocoa flavanols in each serving with no added sugar, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Packaged in convenient, single-serving stick packs, it is easy to consume cocoa flavanols every day! CocoaVia™ comes in four delicious flavors – sweetened dark chocolate, unsweetened dark chocolate, summer citrus, and cran-raspberry. The delicious dark chocolate has 30 calories per serving and the fruit varieties have 20 calories per serving.
Cocoa beans, used to make chocolate, are a natural and abundant source of cocoa flavanols. However, not all chocolate or cocoa-based products contain these healthy flavanols. Handling and processing of chocolate or cocoa-based products can sometimes destroy the cocoa flavanols, so the percent of cocoa in a product is not always a good indicator of the level of cocoa flavanols. CocoaVia™ is processed through a perfected and patented process known as Cocoapro®, which gently extracts the flavanols from the cocoa bean. The flavanols are preserved and protected through this process.
Try incorporating CocoaVia™ into your diet through these unique ways:
- Jumpstart your morning by adding the dark chocolate varieties to your morning coffee
- Stir the unsweetened or sweetened dark chocolate flavor into your oatmeal in the morning
- Add any CocoaVia™ flavor into your yogurt for a mid-afternoon snack
- Flavor your iced-tea with a fruit-flavored CocoaVia™ for a refreshing summer drink
- Create a Chill Smoothie by combining Greek yogurt, ice, a serving of dark chocolate CocoaVia™ and fresh fruit (try strawberries or bananas) in a blender for a great post-workout treat!
- Flavor your milk (dairy, almond, soy, or rice) with a dark chocolate variety
My favorite recommendation as a dietitian: Cocoa all around!