Get advice on healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss from expert dietitian Tara Gidus.See all posts »
Nutrition at Your Fingertips
I love, love, love this new book! I always love when Registered Dietitians write books, and I especially love when they are brilliantly written and super informative!
Elisa Zied, MS, RD, wrote Nutrition at Your Fingertips (part of the At Your Fingertips series). It gives nutrition information in such an easy to understand way. It goes beyond just the basics and gives really concrete ways that you can change your life through better nutrition.
Here is a sampling of topics:
- How to eat to beat diseases that may be preventable
- The functions of vitamins and minerals and where to get them
- The symptoms of a food allergy, intolerance and sensitivity
- How to burn more calories in less time
- How consuming more fiber can slim your waistline and how to get more of it
- Where all those extra calories in your diet lurk
- Whether you’re eating a portion or a serving
- How consuming super foods can increase weight loss
- How to indulge without going overboard
- How to balance your food and fitness choices to manage or lose weight