Get advice on healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss from expert dietitian Tara Gidus.See all posts »
Healthy Juice Box for Kids
I told you yesterday about some healthy options for packing the kid's lunches. I mentioned these juice boxes in the blog post, but I thought I would tell you more about them because I love them!
I often hear from parents that they don't like to give their kids juice or juice boxes because of the high sugar content. I totally understand that, and I agree (and research supports) that too much juice can cause some kids to be full and crowd out healthier foods because they simply are not hungry. However, a bit of juice is fine, and I even recommend it as a great way to get fruit into your kids.
My new favorite juice box for kids is from Apple and Eve and called the Fruitables juice box.
Here are the highlights:
- 70 calories in each 6.75 oz box (perfect size for lunch boxes)
- 1/3 less sugar than many other juices
- A blend of fruit and vegetable juices
- Provides a full serving of combined fruit/vegetable
- All natural with no added flavors or dyes
- No added sugar or high fructose corn syrup
- Fruit taste but veggies used, too (carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, tomato, beets)
- Comes in 3 flavors: Strawberry kiwi, Tropical Orange, Berry Berry
- Contains good source of Vitamins A and E and 100% of Vitamin C for a child
- Tastes great!