Get advice on healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss from expert dietitian Tara Gidus.See all posts »
Healthy Dark Chocolates: Hershey's Extra Dark
I was a Hershey's Special Dark fan for many years, and I was thrilled when they came out with the Hershey's Extra Dark Line.
Don't love dark? If you are a milk chocolate fan, my recommendation is to use Special Dark as your transition chocolate into the world of dark. Special Dark has 45% cocoa and Extra Dark has 60% cocoa. You can definitely taste a dark difference in the two kinds. I love the 60% but some people prefer the transition 45% chocolate.
Hershey's Extra Dark is the first chocolate to receive the "Approved Best Life Treat" designation from Bob Greene's Best Life Diet.
They have great flavors, too:
- Hershey's Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate
- Hershey's Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate with Cranberries, Blueberries, and Almonds
- Hershey's Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate infused with Raspberry flavor
- Hershey's Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate infused with Pomegranate flavor
- Hershey's Special Dark Dark Chocolate Bar
- Hershey's Special Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolate Bar with Almonds
- Hershey's Nuggets Special Dark with Almonds
- Hershey's Miniatures Assortment-Special Dark
The reason I am listing all of the Hershey varieties is because I have a very special Hershey's Dark Chocolate Giveaway for Diet Dish readers!!! You will receive an assortment of Hershey's Dark Chocolate. I am going to pick 5 readers to win this fabulous giveaway!
To get FREE Hershey's Chocolate follow these 2 simple steps:
- Post a comment about which Hershey's Special or Extra Dark variety is your favorite and when your favorite time of the day is to eat dark chocolate.
- Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Hershey's Dark Chocolate Giveaway" in the subject line. Tell me the same info as your comment (favorite flavor and time of day you eat chocolate) as well as your name and address so I can ship out your chocolate!
All entries must be received by February 22.