Get advice on healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss from expert dietitian Tara Gidus.See all posts »
Do Carbs Make You Fat?
It is National Nutrition Month--time for Registered Dietitians everywhere to bask in our glory of sharing nutritional wisdom with the world for 30 days (because we are really just sitting around eating bon bons the other 335 days of the year).
In the spirit of sharing nutrition wisdom, let's test your nutritional intelligence. Do you know the answer to these 5 True/False questions? You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right!
- True or False: Calories eaten at night are more fattening.
- True or False: Eating an extra 100 calories per day will cause a 10 pound weight gain over a year.
- True or False: Olive oil has fewer calories than butter or margarine.
- True or False: Carbs cause weight gain.
- True or False: Fad diets (like Atkins, South Beach, etc.) work.
Come back tomorrow for the answers or just click on the video below to watch me spill the beans on The Daily Buzz!