Get advice on healthy eating, nutrition, and weight loss from expert dietitian Tara Gidus.See all posts »
I am on an antioxidant kick this week with my previous two posts on berries and spices. Antioxidants are so important to eat, so I am always on the lookout for foods that contain them. Remember that antioxidants help boost immunity (especially zinc) and decrease the negative effects of free radicals.
Every once in a while I find a new product on store shelves that is blog worthy. Kellogg's recently launched their FiberPlus Antioxidants bars. I love these bars for the following reasons:
- They taste great! I have tasted MANY (more than you can possibly imagine) bars in my day and these are wonderful. They have two flavors, the Dark Chocolate Almond and also Chocolate Chip. The Dark Choc Almond is my fave.
- They have 9 grams of fiber which is 35% of your daily needs. 9 out of 10 Americans do not get enough fiber. Fiber helps us stay full longer, may reduce risk of heart disease, and helps with glucose control. Not to mention digestive health, too.
- They are called FiberPlus because they have fiber plus other benefits like antioxidants Vitamin E and zinc. 90% of Americans don't get enough Vit E and 30% don't get enough zinc.
- The bars are made with 7 grams of whole grains.
- They are also a good source of calcium with 10% of your daily needs.
- They are only 120-130 calories which are the perfect size snack.