Courage and Cancer Survivors
Some of the ones I found today include:
- The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.
- COURAGE implies firmness of mind and will in the face of danger or extreme difficulty COURAGE, METTLE, SPIRIT, RESOLUTION, TENACITY mean mental or moral strength to resist opposition, danger, or hardship.
- The quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely: braveness, bravery, courageousness, dauntlessness, doughtiness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, gameness, heart, intrepidity, intrepidness, mettle, nerve, pluck, pluckiness, spirit, stoutheartedness, undauntedness, valiance, valiancy, valiantness, valor. Informal spunk, spunkiness. Slang gut (used in plural), gutsiness, moxie. See fear/courage.
There are so many things I like about these defintions that I think are true for every cancer patient/survivor I have known -
2)ability to face danger and fear with confidence
3) strength to deal with hardship
4) and my favorites "spunkiness", "gutsiness" and "moxie"
As I thought about courage and patients and families I came across this blog so I hope you will go click on the link and read about a man of courage.
And as the picture shows: "Maybe courage does NOT always roar; Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day; that says I will try again tomorrow." And maybe it is indeed the angel that watches over our loved ones with cancer and provides the courage needed.