Drugs A - Z
Multivitamin with Folic acid and Iron Oral tablet
Generic Name: multivitamin with iron | Brand Name: Multigen
What is this medicine?MULTIVITAMIN with MINERAL and IRON combinations are used to help provide provide good nutrition.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bleeding or clotting disorder
- history of anemia of any type
- other chronic health condition
- an unusual or allergic reaction to vitamins, minerals, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?Take by mouth with a glass of water. May take with food. Some brands, but not all, may be chewed before swallowing. Follow the directions on the prescription or product label. The usual dose is one tablet once a day. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Contact your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
What if I miss a dose?If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
What may interact with this medicine?
- fluoroquinolone antibiotics (examples: ciprofloxacin, gatifloxacin, levofloxacin)
- tetracycline antibiotics (examples: doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline)
- thyroid hormones
What should I watch for while using this medicine?Get regular checks on your progress. Remember that vitamin and mineral supplements do not replace the need for good nutrition from a balanced diet. Talk with your health care professional if you have questions or need advice.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reaction such as skin rash or difficulty breathing
- stomach upset
Where should I keep my medicine?Keep out of the reach of children.
Most vitamins and minerals should be stored at controlled room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Check your specific product directions. Protect from heat and moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.