Drugs A - Z
Hyaluronidase (Ovine) Solution for injection
Generic Name: hyaluronidase | Brand Name: Hydase
What is this medicine?HYALURONIDASE (hahy uh loo RON i deys) is a natural protein. It is used to improve the effects of other injectable medicines given with this medicine.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- allergy to bee stings or other insects
- infection in the area where injection is planned
- an unusual or allergic reaction to hyaluronidase, sheep proteins, beef proteins, thimerosal, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?This medicine is for injection under the skin or into a muscle. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as newborn for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What if I miss a dose?This does not apply.
What may interact with this medicine?
- antihistamines for allergy or cold
- aspirin and aspirin-like medicines
- benzodiazepines for anxiety or sleep
- female hormones like estrogens
- steroid medicines like prednisone or cortisone
What should I watch for while using this medicine?Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine. Visit your doctor for check-ups as directed.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- chest pain
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- nausea or vomiting
- swelling at site where injected
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- inflammation, redness or pain at site where injected
Where should I keep my medicine?This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.