Drugs A - Z
Fospropofol disodium Solution for injection
Generic Name: fospropofol | Brand Name: Lusedra
Brand Names: Lusedra
What is this medicine?FOSPROPOFOL is an anesthetic. It is used to produce relaxation and sleep before or during a procedure.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to fospropofol, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?This medicine is for injection into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you've taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
What if I miss a dose?This does not apply.
What may interact with this medicine?
- barbiturates for sleep or seizures
- medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances
- medicines for sleep
- narcotic medicines for pain
- olopatadine nasal spray
- other medicines for sleep during surgery
- St. John's Wort
What should I watch for while using this medicine?Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol may interfere with the effect of this medicine. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- burning, stinging, or tingling sensation
- fast, irregular heartbeat
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):