Highlights for triamcinolone
triamcinolone Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- black, tarry stools
- breathing difficulty
- change in vision
- confusion, depression, excitement, mood swings
- fever, infection, sores that do not heal
- frequent passing of urine
- increased thirst
- high blood pressure
- menstrual problems
- pain in back, hips, shoulders, ribs
- rounding of face
- stomach pain
- swelling of feet, hands
- unusual bruising or red pinpoint spots on the skin
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- increased sweating
- trouble sleeping
- unusual increased growth of hair on the face or body
- upset stomach, nausea
triamcinolone May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- other steroid medicines
- vaccines and other immunization products
How to Use triamcinolone
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take with milk or food to avoid stomach upset. For best results, take this medicine at or about 8:00 in the morning. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice. You may need to gradually reduce the dose.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances
- infection, like tuberculosis, herpes, or fungal infection
- liver disease
- previous heart attack
- stomach or intestine disease
- thyroid disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to triamcinolone, corticosteroids, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar as directed. If you are taking this medicine for a long time, carry an identification card with your name, the type and dose of medicine, and your doctor's name and address.
You may need to be on a special diet while taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor.
Do not come in contact with people who have chickenpox or the measles while you are taking this medicine. If you do, call your doctor right away.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
How Much Does triamcinolone Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for triamcinolone
Last Updated: February 27, 2009