Highlights for trandolapril
trandolapril Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash or hives, swelling of the hands, feet, face, lips, throat, or tongue
- chest pain
- decreased amount of urine passed
- difficulty breathing, or difficulty swallowing
- dizziness, light headedness or fainting spells
- fever or chills
- numbness or tingling in your fingers or toes
- nausea and vomiting
- stomach or abdominal pain
- swelling of your legs or ankles
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- decreased sexual function or desire
trandolapril May Interact with Other Medications
- medicines for high blood pressure
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
- potassium salts or potassium supplements
How to Use trandolapril
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking this medicine except on the advice of your doctor or health care professional.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bone marrow disease
- heart or blood vessel disease
- if you are on a special diet, such as a low salt diet
- immune system disease like lupus
- kidney or liver disease
- low blood pressure
- previous swelling of the tongue, face, or lips with difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness, or tightening of the throat
- an unusual or allergic reaction to trandolapril, other ACE inhibitors, insect venom, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Check your blood pressure as directed. Ask your doctor or health care professional what your blood pressure should be and when you should contact him or her. Call your doctor or health care professional if you notice an irregular or fast heart beat.
Women should inform their doctor if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. There is a potential for serious side effects to an unborn child. Talk to your health care professional or pharmacist for more information.
Check with your doctor or health care professional if you get an attack of severe diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, or if you sweat a lot. The loss of too much body fluid can make it dangerous for you to take this medicine.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this drug affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol can make you more drowsy and dizzy. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Avoid salt substitutes unless you are told otherwise by your doctor or health care professional.
Do not treat yourself for coughs, colds, or pain while you are taking this medicine without asking your doctor or health care professional for advice. Some ingredients may increase your blood pressure.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 20 and 25 degrees C (68 and 77 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
trandolapril, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, 1mg
trandolapril, AvKARE, Inc., 2mg
trandolapril, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc, 2mg
trandolapril, Actavis Inc. formerly Cobalt Laboratories a division Watson Laboratories, Inc., 2mg
trandolapril, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, 2mg
trandolapril, AvKARE, Inc., 4mg
trandolapril, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc, 4mg
trandolapril, Actavis Inc. formerly Cobalt Laboratories a division Watson Laboratories, Inc., 4mg
trandolapril, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, 4mg
trandolapril, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc, 1mg
trandolapril, AvKARE, Inc., 1mg
How Much Does trandolapril Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for trandolapril
Last Updated: September 3, 2009