Highlights for toremifene
toremifene Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- bone pain
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- chest pain
- pain, redness, swelling in a leg
- swelling of hands, feet
- unusual bruising, bleeding
- vaginal bleeding or discharge
- yellowing of eyes, skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- hot flashes
- loss of appetite
- nausea, vomiting
- unusually weak or tired
toremifene May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- certain medicines for fungal infections like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain antibiotics like erythromycin
- certain diuretics like hydrochlorothiazide
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- certain medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin
- female hormones, like estrogens and birth control pills
- other medicines that prolong the QT interval (cause an abnormal heart rhythm)
How to Use toremifene
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. You can take this medicine with or without food. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- blood clots
- high calcium levels
- an unusual or allergic reaction to toremifene, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. You will need regular pelvic exams, breast exams, and mammograms.
If you have bone tumors, this medicine may cause bone pain and/or high blood calcium. Talk to your doctor about what symptoms are possible and what to do if you have these symptoms.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from heat and light. Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
How Much Does toremifene Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for toremifene
Last Updated: July 15, 2014