Highlights for ticagrelor
ticagrelor Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or light-headed, falls
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- breast enlargement in both males and females
- upset stomach
ticagrelor May Interact with Other Medications
- certain antibiotics like clarithromycin and telithromycin
- certain medicines for fungal infections like itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
- certain medicines for HIV infection like atazanavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, and phenytoin
- certain medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin
How to Use ticagrelor
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. You can take it with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to you pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bleeding disorders
- bleeding in the brain
- having surgery
- history of irregular heartbeat
- history of stomach bleeding
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to ticagrelor, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Do not stop taking you medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Notify your doctor or health care professional and seek emergency treatment if you develop breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg. These can be signs that your condition has gotten worse.
If you are going to have surgery or dental work, tell your doctor or health care professional that you are taking this medicine.
You should take aspirin every day with this medicine. Do not take more than 100 mg each day. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
How Much Does ticagrelor Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for ticagrelor
Last Updated: October 11, 2016