Highlights for thyrotropin-alfa
thyrotropin-alfa Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- chest pain
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- flu-like symptoms
- pain, tingling, numbness in the hands or feet
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- nausea, vomiting
- trouble sleeping
- weak or tired
thyrotropin-alfa May Interact with Other Medications
- sodium iodide I-131
How to Use thyrotropin-alfa
This medicine is for injection into a muscle. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- cancer that has spread to other parts of the body
- have thyroid tissue remaining
- heart disease
- kidney disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to thyroid products, bovine thyroid stimulating hormone, other hormones, medicines, foods, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you are unable to keep an appointment.
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
Visit your doctor for check-ups as directed.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does thyrotropin-alfa Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for thyrotropin-alfa
Last Updated: September 3, 2009