Highlights for sildenafil
sildenafil Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in hearing
- changes in vision
- chest pain
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- prolonged or painful erection
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- back pain
- muscle aches
- stuffy or runny nose
sildenafil May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- methscopolamine nitrate
- nitrates like amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin
- other medicines for erectile dysfunction like avanafil, tadalafil, vardenafil
- other sildenafil products (Revatio)
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain drugs for high blood pressure
- certain drugs for the treatment of HIV infection or AIDS
- certain drugs used for fungal or yeast infections, like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
How to Use sildenafil
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. The dose is usually taken 1 hour before sexual activity. You should not take the dose more than once per day. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. This medicine is not used in children for this condition.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bleeding disorders
- eye or vision problems, including a rare inherited eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa
- anatomical deformation of the penis, Peyronie's disease, or history of priapism (painful and prolonged erection)
- heart disease, angina, a history of heart attack, irregular heart beats, or other heart problems
- high or low blood pressure
- history of blood diseases, like sickle cell anemia or leukemia
- history of stomach bleeding
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to sildenafil, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
This does not apply. Do not take double or extra doses.
If you notice any changes in your vision while taking this drug, call your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible. Stop using this medicine and call your health care provider right away if you have a loss of sight in one or both eyes.
Contact your doctor or health care professional right away if you have an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours or if it becomes painful. This may be a sign of a serious problem and must be treated right away to prevent permanent damage.
If you experience symptoms of nausea, dizziness, chest pain or arm pain upon initiation of sexual activity after taking this medicine, you should refrain from further activity and call your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible.
Do not drink alcohol to excess (examples, 5 glasses of wine or 5 shots of whiskey) when taking this medicine. When taken in excess, alcohol can increase your chances of getting a headache or getting dizzy, increasing your heart rate or lowering your blood pressure.
Using this medicine does not protect you or your partner against HIV infection (the virus that causes AIDS) or other sexually transmitted diseases.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
sildenafil, PD-RX Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, 20mg
sildenafil, AvKARE, Inc., 20mg
sildenafil, Torrent Pharma, Inc, 20mg
sildenafil, Greenstone Ltd, 20mg
sildenafil, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc, 20mg
How Much Does sildenafil Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for sildenafil
Last Updated: May 8, 2015