Highlights for sildenafil
sildenafil Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- chest pain
- decreased hearing
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- men: prolonged or painful erection (lasting more than 4 hours)
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- facial flushing
- trouble sleeping
- upset stomach
sildenafil May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- cobicistat; elvitegravir; emtricitabine; tenofovir
- methscopolamine nitrate
- nitrates like amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin
- other sildenafil products (Viagra)
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- antiviral medicines for HIV or AIDS
- certain medicines for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- certain medicines for blood pressure
- certain medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole and itraconazole
How to Use sildenafil
This medicine is for injection into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. This medicine is not approved for use in children.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- anatomical deformation of the penis, Peyronie's disease, or history of priapism (painful and prolonged erection)
- bleeding disorders
- eye disease, vision problems
- heart disease
- high or low blood pressure
- history of blood diseases, like sickle cell anemia or leukemia
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD)
- stomach ulcer
- an unusual or allergic reaction to sildenafil, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you are unable to keep an appointment.
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
Tell your doctor or health care professional right away if you have any change in your eyesight or hearing.
You may get dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Avoid alcoholic drinks; they can make you more dizzy.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does sildenafil Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for sildenafil
Last Updated: May 8, 2015