Highlights for pyridostigmine
pyridostigmine Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- muscle cramps, spasm
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- stomach cramps, pain
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- diarrhea, especially at start of treatment
- increased saliva
- increased sweating
pyridostigmine May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- other medicines for myasthenia gravis like neostigmine
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- medicines that block muscle or nerve pain
How to Use pyridostigmine
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- difficulty passing urine
- heart disease
- infection in abdomen, peritonitis
- irregular, slow heartbeat
- kidney disease
- stomach or bowel obstruction or ulcers
- thyroid disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to pyridostigmine, bromides, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Wear a medical ID bracelet or chain, and carry a card that describes your disease and details of your medicine and dosage times.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
How Much Does pyridostigmine Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for pyridostigmine
Last Updated: July 16, 2009