Highlights for pentosan
pentosan Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
- stomach pain
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- hair loss
pentosan May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- agents that prevent or dissolve blood clots like heparin or warfarin
- aspirin, especially in higher doses
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
How to Use pentosan
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after food. Do not take with food. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- kidney or liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to pentosan, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Tell your doctor or health care professional that you are taking this medicine if you are going to have a medical procedure or surgery.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
How Much Does pentosan Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for pentosan
Last Updated: April 4, 2014