Highlights for oxandrolone
oxandrolone Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breast enlargement
- breathing problems
- changes in mood, especially anger, depression, or rage
- dark urine
- in women: acne, change in monthly cycle, deep voice, enlarged clitoris, more face hair
- nausea, vomiting
- right upper belly pain
- swelling of ankles
- too frequent or persistent erections
- trouble passing urine
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- yellowing of eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- acne in men
- change in sex drive or performance
- hair loss
oxandrolone May Interact with Other Medications
- medicines for diabetes
- steroid medicines like prednisone or cortisone
How to Use oxandrolone
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- breast cancer
- high blood calcium levels
- kidney disease
- prostate cancer, enlargement
- an unusual or allergic reaction to oxandrolone, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor for regular check ups. You will need important blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
This medicine has not been shown to improve athletic ability.
This medicine may affect blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor or health care professional before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetic medicine.
This medicine is banned from use by the US and the International Olympic Committees and other athletic organizations.
Keep out of the reach of children. This medicine can be abused. Keep your medicine in a safe place to protect it from theft. Do not share this medicine with anyone. Selling or giving away this medicine is dangerous and against the law.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
How Much Does oxandrolone Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for oxandrolone
Last Updated: July 14, 2009