Highlights for omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate
omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- bone, muscle or joint pain
- breathing problems
- chest pain
- dark urine
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- fever or sore throat
- high blood pressure
- muscle spasms
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- stomach pain
- swelling of the ankles, legs
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- unusual bleeding, bruising
- unusually weak or tired
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- dry mouth
- loose stools
omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- antibiotics like ampicillin, clarithromycin, tetracycline
- antifungals like itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
- antivirals like delavirdine, efavirenz, indinavir, saquinavir
- certain medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin
- iron supplements
- medicines for anxiety, panic, and sleep like diazepam
- medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- mycophenolate mofetil
- other medicines for stomach acid
- vitamin B12
How to Use omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Do not take with other drinks or foods. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Do not cut, crush or chew the capsules. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before a meal. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- Bartter's syndrome
- kidney disease
- history of low levels of calcium, magnesium, or potassium in the blood
- low salt diet
- metabolic alkalosis
- an unusual reaction to omeprazole, sodium bicarbonate, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor for regular check ups. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse.
Do not treat diarrhea with over the counter products. Contact your doctor if you have diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days or if it is severe and watery.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate, Prasco Laboratories, 40, 1100mg
omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate, Par Pharmaceutical Inc, 20, 1100mg
omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate, Par Pharmaceutical Inc, 40, 1100mg
omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate, Prasco Laboratories, 20, 1100mg
How Much Does omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for omeprazole-sodium-bicarbonate
Last Updated: June 12, 2015