Highlights for nicardipine
nicardipine Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- difficulty breathing
- fast heartbeat, palpitations, irregular heartbeat, chest pain
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- swelling of the legs and ankles
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- facial flushing
- weak or tired
nicardipine May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take Nicardipine with any of the following:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- local anesthetics or general anesthetics
- medicine for high blood pressure or heart problems
How to Use nicardipine
This medicine is for infusion into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart problems, low blood pressure, slow or irregular heartbeat
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- previous heart attack
- an unusual or allergic reaction to nicardipine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
This does not apply.
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol may interfere with the effect of this medicine. Avoid alcoholic drinks.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does nicardipine Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for nicardipine
Last Updated: July 10, 2009