Highlights for natalizumab
natalizumab Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- chest pain
- dark urine
- depression, feelings of sadness
- general ill feeling or flu-like symptoms
- irregular, missed, or painful menstrual periods
- light-colored stools
- loss of appetite, nausea
- muscle weakness
- problems with balance, talking, or walking
- right upper belly pain
- unusually weak or tired
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- aches, pains
- stomach upset
natalizumab May Interact with Other Medications
- steroid medicines like prednisone or cortisone
- TNF-alpha inhibitors like adalimumab, etanercept, and infliximab
How to Use natalizumab
This medicine is for infusion into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. This medicine is not approved for use in children.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- immune system problems
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
- an unusual or allergic reaction to natalizumab, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you are unable to keep an appointment.
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine. Visit your doctor for regular check ups. Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
Stay away from people who are sick. Call your doctor or health care professional for advice if you get a fever, chills or sore throat, or other symptoms of a cold or flu. Do not treat yourself.
In some patients, this medicine may cause a serious brain infection that may cause death. If you have any problems seeing, thinking, speaking, walking, or standing, tell your doctor right away. If you cannot reach your doctor, get urgent medical care.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does natalizumab Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for natalizumab
Last Updated: February 6, 2010