Highlights for mirabegron
mirabegron Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- chest pain or palpitations
- severe or sudden headache
- high blood pressure
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- signs of infection - fever or chills, pain or difficulty passing urine
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- dry eyes
- joint pain
- mild headache
- runny nose
mirabegron May Interact with Other Medications
- certain medicines for bladder problems like fesoterodine, oxybutynin, solifenacin, tolterodine
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
How to Use mirabegron
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Do not cut, crush or chew this medicine. You can take it with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- difficulty passing urine
- high blood pressure
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to mirabegron, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
It may take 8 weeks to notice the full benefit from this medicine.
You may need to limit your intake tea, coffee, caffeinated sodas, and alcohol. These drinks may make your symptoms worse.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Check your blood pressure as directed. Ask your doctor or health care professional what your blood pressure should be and when you should contact him or her.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
How Much Does mirabegron Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for mirabegron
Last Updated: August 30, 2013