Highlights for methyltestosterone
methyltestosterone Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breast enlargement
- breathing problems
- changes in mood, especially anger, depression, or rage
- dark urine
- in women: acne, change in monthly cycle, deep voice, enlarged clitoris, more face hair
- nausea, vomiting
- stomach pain
- swelling of the ankles or legs
- too frequent or persistent erections
- trouble passing urine
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- yellowing of eyes, skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- acne in men
- change in sex drive or performance
methyltestosterone May Interact with Other Medications
- medicines for diabetes
How to Use methyltestosterone
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. This medicine is not approved for use in children.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- prostate cancer
- prostate problems
- other medical condition
- an unusual or allergic reaction to methyltestosterone, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. You will need to have important blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
This drug may lower blood sugar in patients with diabetes. If you have diabetes, monitor your blood sugar and report any changes.
This medicine is banned from use in athletes by the US and the International Olympic Committees and other athletic organizations.
Keep out of the reach of children. This medicine can be abused. Keep your medicine in a safe place to protect it from theft. Do not share this medicine with anyone. Selling or giving away this medicine is dangerous and against the law.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
Last Updated: July 6, 2009