Highlights for lansoprazole
lansoprazole Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- bone, muscle or joint pain
- breathing problems
- chest pain or chest tightness
- dark yellow or brown urine
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded
- fever or sore throat
- muscle spasm
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusually weak or tired
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- dry mouth
lansoprazole May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- iron salts
- itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole, or other prescription medicines for fungus or yeast infections
How to Use lansoprazole
Take this medicine by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Place the tablet on your tongue and allow it to dissolve in your mouth. The tablet will dissolve rapidly, usually in less than one minute. Swallow the medicine once completely dissolved. Do not chew, break, or cut the tablets. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- liver disease
- low levels of magnesium in the blood
- an unusual or allergic reaction to lansoprazole, medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
It can take several days before your stomach pains get better. Check with your doctor or health care professional if your condition does not start to get better, or if it gets worse.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
If you have phenylketonuria, you should avoid taking this medicine which contains phenylalanine. The capsules and syrup forms of this medicine are preferred because they do not contain phenylalanine.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
lansoprazole, Sandoz Inc, 15mg
lansoprazole, Sandoz Inc, 30mg
How Much Does lansoprazole Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for lansoprazole
Last Updated: March 8, 2011