Highlights for granisetron
granisetron Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- fever and chills
- loss of balance or coordination
- swelling of the hands and feet
- tightness in the chest
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- constipation or diarrhea
granisetron May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- certain medicines for fungal infections like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain medicines for depression, anxiety, or psychotic disturbances
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
- methylene blue (injected into a vein)
- other medicines that prolong the QT interval (cause an abnormal heart rhythm)
How to Use granisetron
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to granisetron, ondansetron, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
This does not apply. This medicine is only given on the day(s) chemotherapy or radiation is given.
Your condition will be monitored after taking this medicine.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (56 and 86 degrees F). Protect from light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
granisetron, Northstar Rx LLC, 1mg
granisetron, Karalex Pharma, LLC, 1mg
Last Updated: September 24, 2014