Highlights for filgrastim
filgrastim Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- dizziness or feeling faint
- pain, redness, or irritation at site where injected
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- shortness of breath or breathing problems
- signs and symptoms of kidney injury like trouble passing urine, change in the amount of urine, or red or dark-brown urine
- stomach or side pain, or pain at the shoulder
unusual bleeding or bruising
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- bone pain
- muscle pain
filgrastim May Interact with Other Medications
This medicine may interact with the following medications:
- medicines that may cause a release of neutrophils, such as lithium
How to Use filgrastim
This medicine is for injection under the skin. If you get this medicine at home, you will be taught how to prepare and give this medicine. Refer to the Instructions for Use that come with your medication packaging. Use exactly as directed. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
It is important that you put your used needles and syringes in a special sharps container. Do not put them in a trash can. If you do not have a sharps container, call your pharmacist or healthcare provider to get one.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for children as young as 7 months for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- latex allergy
- ongoing radiation therapy
- sickle cell disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to filgrastim, pegfilgrastim, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you miss a dose.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store in a refrigerator between 2 and 8 degrees C (36 and 46 degrees F). Do not freeze. Keep in carton to protect from light. Throw away this medicine if vials or syringes are left out of the refrigerator for more than 24 hours. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
How Much Does filgrastim Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for filgrastim
Last Updated: August 6, 2015