Highlights for eptifibatide
eptifibatide Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- back pain
- breathing problems
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- pain at site where injected
eptifibatide May Interact with Other Medications
- aspirin and aspirin-like medicines
- herbal products containing feverfew, garlic, ginger, ginkgo, or horse chestnut
- medicines that break up blood clots like alteplase, reteplase, streptokinase, and urokinase
- medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin, enoxaparin, and dalteparin
- NSAIDs, medicines for pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen or naproxen
How to Use eptifibatide
This medicine is for injection into a vein. It is usually given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- bleeding such as vomiting blood, black or red stools, or pink or red urine within the past 30 days
- high blood pressure
- injury or surgery within the past 6 weeks
- kidney disease
- previous stroke
- took a drug to prevent blood clots like warfarin in the past week
- an unusual or allergic reaction to eptifibatide, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
This does not apply.
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
Notify your doctor or health care professional and seek emergency treatment if you develop breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg. These can be signs that your condition has gotten worse.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does eptifibatide Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for eptifibatide
Last Updated: April 15, 2014