Highlights for epinephrine
epinephrine Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- chest pain
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- pain, tingling, numbness in the hands or feet
- pain, redness, or irritation at site where injected
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- dry mouth
- increased sweating
- weakness or tiredness
epinephrine May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate
- medicines for colds and breathing difficulties
- medicines for hay fever and other allergies
- stimulants like those used for weight loss or ADHD
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline, desipramine, nortriptyline and others
How to Use epinephrine
This medicine is for injection under the skin, into a muscle or into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a clinic or hospital setting.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this medicine may be prescribed for children for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
They need to know if you have any of the following conditions:
- blood vessel disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- over active thyroid
- an unusual or allergic reaction to epinephrine, sulfites, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Your conditions will be closely monitored while you are receiving this medicine.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does epinephrine Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for epinephrine
Last Updated: May 23, 2016