Highlights for dexlansoprazole
dexlansoprazole Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- bone, muscle or joint pain
- breathing problems
- chest pain or chest tightness
- dark yellow or brown urine
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded
- fever or sore throat
- muscle spasm
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusually weak or tired
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- dry mouth
dexlansoprazole May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- St. John's Wort
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain antiviral medicines for HIV or AIDS like atazanavir, saquinavir, ritonavir
- certain medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole
- iron salts
- mycophenolate mofetil
How to Use dexlansoprazole
Take this medicine by mouth. Swallow the capsules whole with a drink of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Do not crush or chew. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take more often than directed.
If you have difficulty swallowing the capsules, you may open the capsule and sprinkle the contents on a tablespoon of applesauce. Do not crush the contents of the capsule into the food. Swallow the dose immediately after preparing it. Do not chew. Follow with a drink of water.
A special MedGuide will be given to you before each treatment. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- liver disease
- low levels of magnesium in the blood
- an unusual or allergic reaction to dexlansoprazole, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
It can take several days before your stomach pain gets better. Check with your doctor or health care professional if your condition does not start to get better, or if it gets worse.
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
How Much Does dexlansoprazole Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for dexlansoprazole
Last Updated: February 3, 2016