Highlights for clopidogrel
clopidogrel Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
- sudden weakness
- unusual bleeding or bruising
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- constipation or diarrhea
- pain in back or joints
- stomach upset
clopidogrel May Interact with Other Medications
- blood thinners like cilostazol, enoxaparin, ticlopidine, and warfarin
- certain medicines for depression like citalopram, fluoxetine, and fluvoxamine
- certain medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole, fluconazole, and voriconazole
- certain medicines for HIV infection like delavirdine, efavirenz, and etravirine
- certain medicines for seizures like felbamate, oxcarbazepine, and phenytoin
- isoniazid, INH
- medicines for inflammation like ibuprofen and naproxen
- over-the counter supplements like echinacea, feverfew, fish oil, garlic, ginger, ginkgo, green tea, horse chestnut
- stomach acid blockers like cimetidine, omeprazole, and esomeprazole
How to Use clopidogrel
Take this medicine by mouth with a drink of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. You may take this medicine with or without food. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of the following conditions:
- bleeding disorder
- bleeding in the brain
- planned surgery
- stomach or intestinal ulcers
- stroke or transient ischemic attack
- an unusual or allergic reaction to clopidogrel, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Do not stop taking your medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Notify your doctor or health care professional and seek emergency treatment if you develop breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg. These can be signs that your condition has gotten worse.
If you are going to have surgery or dental work, tell your doctor or health care professional that you are taking this medicine.
Certain genetic factors may reduce the effect of this medicine. Your doctor may use genetic tests to determine treatment.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
clopidogrel, Accord Healthcare, Inc., 75mg
clopidogrel, Torrent Pharma, Inc, 75mg
clopidogrel, International Labs, Inc. for Walmart, 75mg
clopidogrel, Mylan Institutional LLC formerly UDL Laboratories Inc, 75mg
clopidogrel, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc., 75mg
clopidogrel, Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc, 75mg
clopidogrel, Legacy Packaging, 75mg
clopidogrel, Apotex Corp, 75mg
clopidogrel, American Health Packaging, 75mg
clopidogrel, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc., 75mg
clopidogrel, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc, 75mg
clopidogrel, Apotex Corp, 75mg
clopidogrel, Aurobindo Pharma USA Inc., 75mg
How Much Does clopidogrel Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for clopidogrel
Last Updated: April 15, 2014