Highlights for cevimeline
cevimeline Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- changes in vision
- irregular heartbeat
- upper respiratory infections like sinus infections
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- excessive sweating
- runny nose
- stomach pain
cevimeline May Interact with Other Medications
- certain medicines for high blood pressure
- certain medicines for seizures like carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital
- medicine used to treat fungal infections like fluconazole, itraconazole, or ketoconazole
- medicines used to treat HIV, AIDS
How to Use cevimeline
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. You may take this medicine with food. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on the advice of your doctor or health care professional.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease
- history of a heart attack
- irregular heart beat
- lung or breathing disease, like asthma
- an unusual or allergic reaction to cevimeline, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
You may have visual changes, especially at night, while taking this medicine. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you.
If you sweat a lot while taking this medicine, you may become dehydrated. Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Talk with your health care provider if you are sweating a lot.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
cevimeline, Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc. a Sun Pharma Company, 30mg
How Much Does cevimeline Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for cevimeline
Last Updated: March 24, 2009