Highlights for cefditoren
cefditoren Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- fever or chills, sore throat
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- stomach pain, cramps
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- vaginal itching, discharge
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- constipation or diarrhea
- dry mouth
- loss of appetite
- stomach upset, gas
- trouble sleeping
cefditoren May Interact with Other Medications
- medicines for stomach acid or ulcer like nizatidine, cimetidine, famotidine, ranitidine
How to Use cefditoren
Take this medicine by mouth with a full glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take with meals. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Finish all the medicine you are prescribed even if you think your infection is better. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- any chronic illness
- carnitine deficiency, now or in past
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to cefditoren, other cephalosporin antibiotics, penicillins or other medicines, milk protein, foods, dyes or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Tell your doctor or health care professional if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Do not treat diarrhea with over the counter products. Contact your doctor if you have diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days or if it is severe and watery.
This medicine can interfere with some urine glucose tests. If you use such tests, talk with your health care professional.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from light and moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
cefditoren, Aristos Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 200mg
How Much Does cefditoren Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for cefditoren
Last Updated: March 24, 2009