Highlights for carisoprodol
carisoprodol Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- nausea, vomiting
carisoprodol May Interact with Other Medications
- alcohol or medicines that contain alcohol
- medicines for depression, anxiety, and other mental conditions
- medicines for pain like codeine, oxycodone, tramadol, and propoxyphene
- medicines for sleep
How to Use carisoprodol
Take this medicine by mouth. Swallow it with a full glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. If it upsets your stomach, take it with food or milk. Do not take more medicine than you are told to take.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed. This medicine is not usually used in children younger than 12 years.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- drug abuse or addiction
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to carisoprodol, carbamate such as meprobamate, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Check with your doctor or health care professional if your condition does not improve within 1 to 3 weeks.
You may get drowsy or dizzy when you first start taking the medicine or change doses. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that may be dangerous until you know how the medicine affects you. Stand or sit up slowly.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
How Much Does carisoprodol Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for carisoprodol
Last Updated: March 30, 2009