Highlights for carbidopa
carbidopa Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- anxiety, confusion, or nervousness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- mood changes like aggressive behavior, depression
- stomach pain
- trouble passing urine
- uncontrolled movements of the mouth, head, hands, feet, shoulders, eyelids or other unusual muscle movements
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- dark color (brown, red, or black) of saliva, urine or sweat
- loss of appetite
- muscle twitches
- nightmares, trouble sleeping
- unusually weak ot tired
carbidopa May Interact with Other Medications
- medicines for high blood pressure
How to Use carbidopa
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water at the same time as your levodopa or carbidopa-levodopa medicine. Follow the directions on the label. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on the advice of your doctor or health care professional.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease, including history of a heart attack
- irregular heart beat
- kidney or liver disease
- lung disease like asthma
- melanoma or suspicious skin lesions
- mental problems or depression
- stomach or intestine ulcers
- an unusual or allergic reaction to carbidopa, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress. Adding this medicine to your regimen may decrease nausea and vomiting.
Until your dosage is adjusted properly, you may notice more muscle twitches or other uncontrolled movements. Tell your doctor or health care professional if these occur.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from light. Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
How Much Does carbidopa Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for carbidopa
Last Updated: March 30, 2009