Highlights for calcium-acetate
calcium-acetate Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- blood in the urine
- pain in the lower back or side
- pain when urinating
- symptoms of high calcium levels: thirst, severe or continued nausea or vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, muscle weakness, fatigue, confusion, or difficulty in concentration
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- mild constipation
calcium-acetate May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- any calcium containing product including certain antacids and vitamin supplements
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- strontium 89 chloride
- tetracycline and quinolone antibiotics
- thyroid hormones
How to Use calcium-acetate
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take with meals. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- high level of calcium in the blood
- history of kidney stones
- an unusual or allergic reaction to calcium, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. You will need to have important blood work done while you are taking this medicine.
You may need to be on a special diet while taking this medicine. Ask your doctor. Also, ask how many glasses of fluid you need to drink a day.
Do not take this medicine within 2 hours of any other medication taken by mouth.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
calcium-acetate, Paddock Laboratories Inc, a Perrigo Family, 667mg
How Much Does calcium-acetate Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for calcium-acetate
Last Updated: May 21, 2015