Highlights for belimumab
belimumab Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- depressed mood
- signs of infection - fever or chills, cough, sore throat, pain or difficulty passing urine
- suicidal thoughts or other mood changes
- unusually slow heartbeat
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (Report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome.):
- muscle aches
- nausea, vomiting
- trouble sleeping
belimumab May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- live virus vaccines
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
How to Use belimumab
This medicine is for infusion into a vein. It is given by a health care professional in a hospital or clinic setting.
A special MedGuide will be given to you by the pharmacist with each prescription and refill. Be sure to read this information carefully each time.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease
- immune system problems
- infection (especially a virus infection such as chickenpox, cold sores, or herpes)
- mental illness
- suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempt; a previous suicide attempt by you or a family member
- an unusual or allergic reaction to belimumab, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
It is important not to miss your dose. Call your doctor or health care professional if you are unable to keep an appointment.
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse.
Your condition will be monitored carefully while you are receiving this medicine.
This drug is given in a hospital or clinic and will not be stored at home.
How Much Does belimumab Cost?
Compare prices and save money on your next refill!
Lowest price for belimumab
Last Updated: March 12, 2013