Highlights for anagrelide
anagrelide Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- signs and symptoms of bleeding such as bloody or black, tarry stools; red or dark-brown urine; spitting up blood or brown material that looks like coffee grounds; red spots on the skin; unusual bruising or bleeding from the eye, gums, or nose
- trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- abdominal pain
- back pain
- loss of appetite
- nausea, vomiting
anagrelide May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- aspirin and aspirin-like drugs
- medicines called inotropes like milrinone, enoximone, amrinone, and olprinone
- medicines that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin
How to Use anagrelide
Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on the advice of your doctor or health care professional.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this medicine may be prescribed for children as young as 7 years of age for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- heart disease
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to anagrelide, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular checks on your progress.
Notify your doctor or health care professional and seek emergency treatment if you develop breathing problems; changes in vision; chest pain; severe, sudden headache; pain, swelling, warmth in the leg; trouble speaking; sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg. These can be signs that your condition has gotten worse.
This medicine can make you more sensitive to the sun. Keep out of the sun. If you cannot avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen. Do not use sun lamps or tanning beds/booths.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
What does the pill look like?
anagrelide, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, 0.5mg
anagrelide, Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., 0.5mg
anagrelide, Barr Laboratories Inc a Division of Teva USA, 0.5mg
anagrelide, Barr Laboratories Inc a Division of Teva USA, 1mg
anagrelide, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, 1mg
anagrelide, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, 0.5mg
How Much Does anagrelide Cost?
We've partnered with GoodRx so you can compare prices, find discounts and save up to 80% on your next prescription. Check out the low coupon prices below — no insurance required.
Compare prices and save up to 80% on your next refill!
Lowest price for anagrelide
Last Updated: April 15, 2014