It is used to treat erection problems in men
What if I miss a dose?If you are taking this medicine as needed for erection problems, this does not apply. If you miss a dose while taking this medicine once daily for an erection problem, benign prostatic hyperplasia, or both, take it as soon as you remember, but do not take more than one dose per day.
What may interact with this medicine?Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- nitrates like amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin
- other medicines for erectile dysfunction like avanafil, sildenafil, vardenafil
- other tadalafil products (Adcirca)
This medicine may also interact with the following medications:
- certain drugs for high blood pressure
- certain drugs for the treatment of HIV infection or AIDS
- certain drugs used for fungal or yeast infections, like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
- certain drugs used for seizures like carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital
- grapefruit juice
- macrolide antibiotics like clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin
- medicines for prostate problems
- rifabutin, rifampin or rifapentine
What should I watch for while using this medicine?If you notice any changes in your vision while taking this drug, call your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible. Stop using this medicine and call your health care provider right away if you have a loss of sight in one or both eyes.
Contact you doctor or health care professional right away if the erection lasts longer than 4 hours or if it becomes painful. This may be a sign of serious problem and must be treated right away to prevent permanent damage.
If you experience symptoms of nausea, dizziness, chest pain or arm pain upon initiation of sexual activity after taking this medicine, you should refrain from further activity and call your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible.
Do not drink alcohol to excess (examples, 5 glasses of wine or 5 shots of whiskey) when taking this medicine. When taken in excess, alcohol can increase your chances of getting a headache or getting dizzy, increasing your heart rate or lowering your blood pressure.
Using this medicine does not protect you or your partner against HIV infection (the virus that causes AIDS) or other sexually transmitted diseases.